Communicating and Influencing For Team Members Training Course
Duration14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
Staff who need to be fully aware of the issues surrounding Communicating and Influencing:
- Their colleagues
- Their bosses
- Their internal and external customers and stakeholders
Format of the course
The course will be a highly-interactive combination of:
- Facilitated Discussions
- Slide Presentations
- Exercises and
- Case Studies
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Appreciate the need to manage their own behaviour before they can influence others’ behaviour
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the various communications media available
- Manage their internal and external customers and stakeholders
Understanding Ourselves and Others
- What makes us behave the way we do?
- How can we understand which parts of this behaviour is acceptable – is required by our role in the business – and which parts are not acceptable?
- Feedback: how do others see and relate to us?
- How do we communicate with others?
- What are the advantages / disadvantages of the various communications media?
- What do we mean by Effective Communication and how do we achieve it?
- Our respective thinking and learning styles and how they can be applied to our day-to-day work
- Emotions and their consequences
- The importance of understanding our “EQ” (as opposed to the more-standard IQ)
- The five stages of Goleman’s Emotional Intelligence model:
- Social Skills
- Why do we act / react in a certain way to colleagues and customers?
- How can we build rapport with colleagues and customers?
- What are the benefits of “True Rapport” in our inter-personal relationships?
- Satisfying Stakeholders
- Stakeholder Analysis: internal and external stakeholders
Dealing with Change
- The 9 key change principles
- The emotional reactions to change
- Resistance to change – and the benefits of resistance
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
- Public Classroom
- Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
- Private Classroom
- Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
- Private Remote
- The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price