FreeBSD Installation and Configuration Training Course
Duration14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
Knowledge of any operating system.
The course participant will answer the following questions:
- What are the terms of the BSD license?
- When, where and to what extent we can use the system for free?
- How do I install FreeBSD?
- How to use the basic tools available in the system?
- How to install and manage the system?
- How to install and configure the X-server and Display Manager?
- BSD License
- Preparing to Install
- Preparation of hard disk space
- Media selection and installation type
- The installation process
- Initial Configuration
Basics of UNIX
- Virtual console and terminal
- The powers
- Directory structure
- The organization drives
- Mounting and unmounting drives
- Daemons, Signals, killing processes
- Text editors
- The types of binary files
Installing applications with the packages and ports
- Finding applications
- Using the Packages System
- Using the Ports Collection
- Post-Installation Checklist
X Window System
- Understanding X
- Installing X11
- X11 Configuration
- Window managers (Display Manager)
- The graphical environment (Desktop Environments)
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
- Public Classroom
- Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
- Private Classroom
- Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
- Private Remote
- The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price