Haskell Fundamentals Training Course
Duration14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
Familiarity with at least one other programming language. Programming experience.
This course covers the basics of Haskell programming language.
The course introduces the ideas of Functional Programming and teaches the essential concepts of it, and by this introduces the student to the Haskell programming language. The course explores the fundamental differences with imperative programming and teaches the skill of thinking functionally.
Students should expect to learn all the necessary tools and concepts to start writing and understanding simple Haskell programs.
Introduction to Haskell
- Platform and tools
- Hello World program
- A bit of history
- Case distinction and pattern matching
- Layout (indentation)
- Control structures (if, case, let, where)
- Basic types
- Simple function types
- Higher order functions
- Custom types
- Numbers in Haskell
- Type classes
- IO handling
- Module system
- Packages and libraries
- Compiling applications
Examples and case studies
- Eight queens puzzle in Haskell
- Dynamic programming and memoization in Haskell
- Simplified parsing of CSV files
- An HTTP client
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
- Public Classroom
- Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
- Private Classroom
- Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
- Private Remote
- The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price