People and Team Management Training Course
Duration21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
Staff who need to be fully aware of the issues surrounding People and Team Management for:
- Their colleagues (peers)
- Their bosses
- Their team members
- Their internal and external customers and stakeholders
Format of the course
The course will be a highly-interactive combination of:
- Facilitated Discussions
- Slide Presentations
- Exercises and
- Case Studies
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Appreciate the need to manage their own behaviour before they can influence others’ behaviour
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the various communications media available
- Appreciate how to manage, motivate and develop their team members
- Manage their internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Explain how to deal with the difficult situations they may encounter in the office
Understanding Ourselves and Others
- What makes us behave the way we do?
- How can we understand which parts of this behaviour is acceptable – is required by our role in the business – and which parts are not acceptable?
- Feedback: how do others see and relate to us?
- How do we communicate with others?
- What are the advantages / disadvantages of the various communications media?
- What do we mean by Effective Communication and how do we achieve it?
- Our respective thinking and learning styles and how they can be applied to our day-to-day work
Management v Leadership
- What is Management? What is Leadership?
- What is the difference between Management and Leadership?
- Analysing Leadership Behaviour
- Analysing the difference Management Styles – and understand when to use them
- The importance of Communication – including:
- Verbal Communication
- Vocal Communication
- Visual Communication
- Emotions and their consequences
- The importance of understanding our “EQ” (as opposed to the more-standard IQ)
- The five stages of Goleman’s Emotional Intelligence model:
- Social Skills
- Why do we act / react in a certain way to colleagues and customers?
- How can we build rapport with colleagues and customers?
- What are the benefits of “True Rapport” in our inter-personal relationships?
Building a Successful Team
- What is a Team?
- The stages of Team Development
Goal and Objective Setting
- Goal Setting – for the company
- Objective Setting – for the staff
- Drafting and Aligning Objectives
- Performance Management
- People and the Service-Profit Chain
- Satisfying Stakeholders
- Stakeholder Analysis: internal and external stakeholders
- What is Delegation?
- The Stages of Delegation
- What is Coaching?
- Using the G R O W model for effective coaching
- What causes conflict?
- The Phases of Conflict Handling
- Understanding the Conflict
- Understanding your / the other person’s position in the conflict
- Resolving the Conflict
- Kilmann’s Five Conflict-Handling Modes – and how to apply them:
- Bridging the Gap
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
- Public Classroom
- Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
- Private Classroom
- Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
- Private Remote
- The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price